Jesus asked his followers, “Who do you say that I am?” Your own response may be that Jesus is a myth, a historical figure, a moral teacher, or a prophet. Jesus is God who came to earth as a man to express His great love for every person. He did this by taking our sin and its penalty upon Himself by dying on a cross. Yet He did not remain dead. He came back to life on the third day so that we may have forgiveness for our sin and eternal life with God.
Next Steps –
Discover New Life in Jesus
God loves you and created you to be in relationship with Him. For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). Not everyone can experience God’s complete love and purpose his/her life. Why?
Because everyone has sinned. That means you and everybody you know. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Sin is disobeying God. It’s doing what you want to do instead of what God wants you to do. That is a problem, because sin separates us from God. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23).
However, there is one way to experience God’s love and purpose for you. It is through Jesus. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). Jesus died and came back to life. He did that so God could forgive our sins. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
To receive new life in Jesus from God:
- Admit that you are a sinner and turn away from sin.
- Believe that Jesus loves you and died for you.
- Ask God to forgive you and to make Jesus your Lord and Savior. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12). You can do this now! Just talk to God by praying. You might want to say something like this...
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins. I now turn away from my sin and ask that You forgive me as You promised. I give my life to Jesus and ask that He be my Lord and Savior. Amen.
Baptism is the first step in demonstrating one’s new life in Jesus. Although it does not contribute to a person’s salvation, it is an outward symbol of what Jesus has already done in a person’s life to save that person. Baptism is expressed publicly by means of immersion.
To join FBCW, one should have already trusted Jesus as his/her personal Savior and then do the following:
- Complete the FBCW New Member Class, be baptized by immersion if not previously done, and...
- Transfer of letter of membership from another Baptist church, or...
- Statement of faith in Christ as your personal Savior and Lord.
We are more than glad to answer any questions you have about new life in Jesus, baptism, or membership and are ready to assist you with the process.